Friday, March 1, 2013

Bad Luck Bikinis

   So, I have a wonderful vacay planned for the end of this month. My mom and I are gonna stay in Orlando with some family members then we're gonna hit Miami for a couple days. It's exactly what I need after another stressful quarter at the Art Institute. Between countless projects, concept boards, and presentations, it's definitely time for the beach! Which obviously means, new bathing suits! I love love LOVE bathing suit shopping because summer is my favorite season, and I love an excuse to wear less clothing in the summer heat.
   I recently just opened up a Victoria Secret Angel Card, so that's the first place I started. There wasn't too many options in store, so I tried online the next morning. Now I love shopping, clothes, and new shiny things....but it's rare that I find an item that I know for fact I can't live without. Like somehow my life is not complete without that one thing. Well, as rare of an occasion that is, I absolutely needed to have this bathing suit top:
Tie Dye Bikini - Flounce Crop Top - PINK - Victoria's Secret
 
   I know, super super cute right?! Well I just HAD to have it. So I immediately snagged an XS and put it in my cart. Now Victoria's Secret was running a few promotions that day that I wanted to take advantage of. There was a 20% of an item coupon (which I was going to use towards the bikini top) then they were also offering a free swim bag with a $50 purchase that included a swim item. So I shopped around a little so I could reach the $50. I returned to my cart to checkout to discover that the bikini top that I loved ever so much, was gone! I was like what the hell?! I went back to find it again so I could out it back in my cart, but it was no longer available in sizes XS-XL, they were all gone! Every single one! Well that just won't do.
   I grabbed my cell and dialed the customer service hotline. "I'm so sorry, however we cannot hold items in shopping carts. You should've shopped by phone then I could've held it for you." Like I'm supposed to magically know that! Oh I was more than pissed I was fuming. How dare they take my item away from me! It's basically like me shopping in the store and an associate taking the item out of my hands! They said they can't do anything, I call that bullshit. So a couple angry/threatening emails later here I am sharing the experience via Internet. They've done nothing, and refuse to do anything. However they consider me a "valued customer" and they feel "its an honor and privilege" that I choose Victoria's Secret to shop with. Well consider that privilege taken away, because I don't do business with people who treat customers this way.
 
   Don't think that it stops there...because it doesn't. So I ordered a few sale bikini tops from the target online site. Three, to be exact. I received my package yesterday, and there was only two. It was missing my favorite one...
Xhilaration® Juniors Push Up Swim Top - Pink/White Polka-Dot Print 
I checked my email to see if there was anything from Target and there was one from two days ago. The email was to let me know that one of my items has been canceled because it sold out. So I checked my bank statement, and I was only charged for the two which is good. However, I don't understand how I can get all the way to checkout with this item, then in sells out, and I get an email two days ago? I should've never been able to checkout with this item if it wasn't available! They make me believe that this item is mine, but it's not!
 
   Sheesh, talk about bad luck right?! Well I think I give up online shopping for awhile, it more hassle than its worth.
 
 
Back to the racks to score some cute Miami clothes :)
xoxo Angelique

No comments:

Post a Comment