Saturday, February 16, 2013

Loft Interview/ Creative Illumination

    Well, I had my interview at Loft on Friday afternoon, and I think it went well. I interviewed with the Assistant Manager, so now I have to meet with the Manager this upcoming Tuesday morning. I like the environment very much at Loft. In comparison to the craziness of my current job, it's very relaxed. However, I can't say this for sure because I haven't seen Loft during a rush. I hope I get the opportunity to experience it though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for good news. At the end of my interview, I had to put together an ensemble suitable for a Sunday brunch, that was so much fun. Loft has so many great spring colors and patterns, I put together the outfit in no time and it was perfect!
here's the actual outfit (thanks to polyvore.com):

(with the denim shirt unbuttoned obviously!)
 
Well my interviewer seemed to really like the outfit, so hopefully I can impress the manager too! If I get this job I'll be one step closer to the ultimate goal which is moving the city!
 
 
 
Also, I'd like to add one more thing to this post....
    A few months ago the Art Institute hosted a guest speaker and his name is Seth Friedermann, a stylist and founder of ModaCycle.com. It's a great fashion news and commentary site. I recently connected with him in the hopes of getting involved with his company, such as an internship or something along those lines. He's starting a new project called Creative Illumination which is a site for creative people to get advice from top people in their industry. I really think this is a great idea, and I am so looking forward to seeing the new site when it is up and running.
 
Here is video of Seth explaining it much better than I can:

So if you like the idea just as much as I do and would like to contribute just follow this link:
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
xoxo Angelique

No comments:

Post a Comment